We help resolve complaints about WorkSafe, its five insurance agents, and self-insurers. Find out how we can help.
WorkSafe manages the workers compensation scheme for people injured at work in Victoria. This scheme is also known as 'WorkCover'.
What is our role?
We take complaints about WorkSafe, self-insurers and WorkSafe's five insurance agents:
- Gallagher Bassett
We look at whether these organisations acted in a way that was lawful, reasonable and fair.
What type of complaints can we take?
If you are still unhappy with the decision, you can contact us.
We are more likely to become involved if:
- There was not enough evidence to support the decision.
- The agent did not consider evidence or 'cherry picked' evidence. For example, they relied on one medical report but ignored several other reports.
- There is evidence that the agent/WorkSafe made a mistake.
Service delivery issues
If you have a complaint about service delivery, raise it first with the agent / self-insurer.
These issues may involve:
- delayed payments
- failure to respond to your contact.
If your issue is not resolved within a reasonable amount of time or there is a mistake, contact us for help.
Who can make a complaint?
Anyone can make a complaint to the Ombudsman.
Complaints about WorkCover are usually from:
- injured workers
- worker representatives including family, legal or union
- treating doctors.
Looking to make a complaint?
Use our online form to create and submit your complaint